JOB TITLE: SKILLS TRAINER (JHB)
DEPARTMENT: FPG FOODS
JOB TITLE OF INCUMBENT’S SUPERVISOR: AC (INDIRECTLY: PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT COACH)
JOB TITLE OF INCUMBENT’S REPORTEE/S: N/A
PURPOSE OF JOB
To manage training in line with the Company’s people development strategy, coordinating and providing training interventions and workshops for restaurant teams together with the training captains in stores. To monitor and report on the progress of all trainees within their responsibility, thus ensuring talent and capability to feed the people pipeline, in close partnership with Ops partners. To assist the Ops partners with store audits to ensure compliance with ROCC.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- ROCC visits in store when the store is due an audit from ROCC.
- Prep visits instore over peak period and from a Thursday to a Saturday.
- Monthly meetings with TC instore to discuss current training for team members.
- Review together with the TC if any cross training needs to happen instore (where all primary positional training has been completed).
- Daily LZ updates when a new window has been loaded.
- Weekly LZ updates on positional training.
- Review monthly if a store has any benches on SS / RM programs.
- AC and ST meeting once a month to discuss all training needs or issues in the area.
- Training audits in store on TC files and with the launch of any new products.
- Instore HR audits.
- LZ updates for removal or adding of TM or MOD’s.
- Training programs of BSS/ BTC.
- Training of all new SS/ ARM coming from outside.
- Stand in for AC on his/her weekend off.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Grade 12 Certificate
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Restaurant Environment
- ARM Certified
- Valid Driver’s license.
Skills and Competencies:
- Relationship management
- Communication Skills
- Coaching skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Computer Literate, with a knowledge of MS Office.