JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT SERVICE STATION MANAGER (NOORDHOEK)
JOB TITLE OF INCUMBENT’S SUPERVISOR: SERVICE STATION MANAGER
JOB TITLE OF INCUMBENT’S REPORTEE/S: FORECOURT MANAGER
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Service Station Manager to ensure effective management of the daily operations at the Service Station and within the retail store. The incumbent must ensure that sufficient amounts of fuel are available, that the store is well-stocked, fueling equipment is functional, staff is available to meet customer needs, and payments for fuel and merchandise are processed and recorded properly.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Responsible for maintaining fuel and merchandise inventories:
- Submit fuel orders in a timely fashion so fuel arrives before reserves run low.
- Keep track of car care supplies, such as oil, lubricants, filters and gas treatments
- Order food, cigarette and alcohol products when supplies run low.
- Negotiating with vendors on pricing and promotions
- Create visually appealing displays to promote sales
- Maximising sales through well merchandised shops
- Effectively advertise merchandise and in-store promotions
- Maintain store cleanliness.
Effectively manage pricing and report on financials:
- Implementation of petrol prices adjustments
- Report fuel transactions and merchandise purchases
- Achieve fuel and grocery sale and profit targets
- Process and record card transactions and cash purchases to help with auditing and balance sheet reports.
- Assess expenditures, income, profits or losses.
- Manage stock and cash control procedures
- Review and analyse daily sales figures.
Effective Capacity Planning and Talent Management:
- Analyse and determine capacity requirements
- Scheduling of staff to ensure efficient resources for each shift
- Maintain an effective labour force to meet seasonal demands
- Ensure training compliance
- Examine timesheets for accuracy
- Distribute payslips
- Manage individual performance
- Effectively manage disciplinary processes
- Ensure compliance with health & safety.
Effectively manage Customer Service:
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2-3 years management experience in a retail or customer service environment where they were responsible for maintaining inventory.
- Matric Certificate essential.
- Business management qualification would be advantageous.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be prepared to work various shifts including weekends.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attentive listening skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to supervise and lead a team
- Creative thinking skills
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good personal presentation
- Attention to detail.
Note: The candidate must reside within or around the Noordhoek/ Kommetjie/ Fish Hoek area.